Coco-date energy bites
Servings: 15 truffles
Serving size: 30gr
Suitable for vegetarians & vegans
- 1 packet plain gluten-free biscuits, ground into powder (150gr)
- ½ cup coarsely ground hazelnuts (alternatives: walnuts or almonds) (60gr)
- 1 cup fresh dates pitted, skinned and chopped (170gr)
- 5tbsp almond milk (alternatives: coconut or hazelnut milk) (80gr)
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (100gr)
- 1tbsp organic coconut oil (35gr)
- In a saucepan place the ground hazelnuts with the coconut oil and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the dates and ground biscuits and stir.
- Add in the almond milk and stir. Cook over medium heat until a uniform mixture is formed. Make sure you mix the ingredients well and add more milk to thin if necessary.
- Allow the mixture to cool down for about 30 minutes and then start making small truffles with it. Pour the grated coconut into a concave dish and roll in the truffles, until coconut sticks all over the outer surface of the truffles.
- Put the truffles in the refrigerator and let them freeze.
- Enjoy! x
Pro tip: Perfect for a pre-workout snack!
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING (30gr)
Total fat: 10gr
Saturated fat: 0.1gr
Dietary fiber: 2gr