Vegan carrot cake
Servings: 18 pieces
Serving size: 100gr cake
Suitable for vegetarians & vegans
- 1 cup organic coconut oil (218gr)
- 2 cups stevia powder (35gr)
- 3 ½ cups all purpose flour (438gr)
- 3 cups grated carrots (330gr)
- 2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice (496gr)
- 3 tsps baking powder (15gr)
- 1 cup sliced almonds (92gr)
- 20 sliced almonds for the topping (20gr)
- ground cinnamon for the topping
- Add the flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- In a second mixing bowl beat the coconut oil with stevia. Add in the orange juice and keep beating until combined. Add in the flour and baking powder (about 3 tablespoons each time) and stir each time until well combined.
- Add the sliced almonds and mix well.
- Add the grated carrots and mix well.
- Grease a baking tray, add the mixture in, and sprinkle on top with ground cinnamon and sliced almonds.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 45-50 minutes.
Tip: Serve with blueberries and low-fat ice-cream.
Nutrition information per serving (100gr cake)
Total fat: 17gr
Saturated fat: 0.3gr
Dietary fiber: 2gr